What is this?
• 7 Days Machame Route
• includes some steep passage
Where you stay?
• first night in a beautiful lodge with breathtaking views of the Mount Meru (additional night for better acclimatization on request)
• during the ascent in tents
• All camping gear (except sleeping bag and ISO mat) will be provided
When is this tour possible?
• in the dry months of December to February and again between June and October
• In November, daily rainfall and cloudy views are common
• Not recommended during the April and May rainy season
For whom especially suitable?
• for all climbers and outdoor enthusiasts
• also possible for families traveling with children (minimum age 12 years, recommended age 14 years and older)
From where to where?
• starting at Kilimanjaro airport and ending with a transfer after the descent
• additional night after the descent
• Can easily be combined with a short safari or beach holiday This private safari can be adapted to your wishes at any time.
7 Days/ 6 Nights Itinerary for Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro Machame Route
Machame Gate (1800m) – Machame Camp (3,000 m), walking time about 5 hours.
After breakfast transport to the Machame gate.
From the gate of the recently repaired path leads through the last foothills of the fertile cultivated land. Shortly afterwards, the path rises and leads through the dense, deep green and still moist mountain rain forest up to the Machame Camp.
Machame Camp (3000m) – Shira Camp (3880 m) Walking time 4-5 hours.
through Busch forests and moorland leads past the way of powerful Lava bridges. A little later the first Senecias and lobelia can be seen. Around noon, where this section is mostly shrouded in dense fog.
Shira Camp (3880 m) – Barranco Camp (3980 m) Walking time 5,5-7Stunden.
The accent through the dark, almost vegetation-free gravel desert of lava rock. With a bit of luck here the Kili shows for the first time up close! The path leads up to just below the Lava Tower (up to about 4450 m) and then down into the Barranco Valley. This area with its alpine vegetation is one of the highlights along the Machame Route.
Barranco Camp (3980 m) – Karanga Camp (4033 m), walking time about 3 hours.
After breakfast, we leave Barranco and continue on a steep ridge passing the Barranco Wall, to the Karanga Valley campsite. This is a short day meant for acclimatization.
Karanga Camp (4033 m) – Barafu Camp (4673 m), walking time about 3 hours.
After breakfast, we leave Karanga and hit the junction which connects with the Mweka Trail. We continue up to the Barafu Hut. At this point, you have completed the South Circuit, which offers views of the summit from many different angles. Here we make camp, rest, enjoy dinner, and prepare for the summit day. The two peaks of Mawenzi and Kibo are to be seen from this position.
Barafu Camp – Summit – Mweka Camp, walking time about 13-15 hours.
Very early in the morning (midnight to 2am), we continue our way to the summit between the Rebmann and Ratzel glaciers. You head in a northwesterly direction and ascend through heavy scree towards Stella Point on the crater rim. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. At Stella Point (18,600 ft), you will stop for a short rest and will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see (weather permitting). From Stella Point, you may encounter snow all they way on your 1-hour ascent to the summit. At Uhuru Peak, you have reached the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa. Faster hikers will see the sunrise from the summit.
From the summit, we now make our descent continuing straight down to the Mweka Camp site, stopping at Barafu for lunch. You will want gaiters and trekking poles for the loose gravel going down. Mweka Camp is situated in the upper forest and mist or rain can be expected in the late afternoon. Later in the evening, we enjoy our last dinner on the mountain and a well-earned sleep.
Mweka Camp (3100m) – Mweka Gate (1800 m) – hiking time approx 5 hours.
the path leads to a mostly wet, slippery path through the dense cloud forest steeply downhill to Mweka Gate. Transport back to your hotel or lodge.
For different climbing days, the itinerary will be modified.
All Price in US$ Dollar per Person.
• all transfers
• 01 x HB in Meru area prior your climb
• 7 days private Machame Route climb
• Fullboard during climb including drinking water
• Professional well experienced Kilimanjaro Team with English speaking Mountain guides, cook and porters
• Mountain Hut’s accommodation (pls bring your own sleeping bag)
• camping equipment (tents, mattresses, chairs, tables, camping toilet, toilet tent
• service of a professional cook,
• All wildlife reserve entry fees, rescue fees, Climbing Certificates
• ‘flying doctor’ insurance
Not included Items
• All items of a personal nature
• Gratuities for safari guide and mountain teams
• Airport departure tax
• Travel insurance
• Visa fee (50 USD /100 USD for American & Irish Passport Holders – to be paid upon arrival)
• sleeping bag (rental fee 15 USD)
• any nights after the climb